Being born-again is a reward in and of itself as it provides the following benefits:
1) You become a child of God and a lifelong member of His family.
• Study - John 1:12, Rom. 8:29, Gal. 3:26
2) You become a joint-heir with Jesus Christ. [You inherit all of His blessings and rewards.]
• Study - Rom. 8:17, Eph. 2:4-7, I Pet. 1:3-5
3) You receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
• Study - I Cor. 3:16 and 6:19, Gal. 3:14
4) You gain the peace of God.
• Study - Phil. 4:7
5) You gain protection from God.
• Study - Prov. 18:10, Psa.56:4-13, Psa. 91
6) You’re guaranteed provisions from the Lord.
• Study - Psa. 37:25, Luke 12:22-34, Phil. 4:19
7) You have access to God through prayer.
• Study - Heb. 4:16, Rom. 8:26-27, I John 5:14-15
8) You become one of the redeemed--one whose sins are paid for by Christ; one whose soul is saved from eternal damnation.
• Study - Gal. 3:13, I Pet. 1:18-19, I Pet. 3:18, Col. 1:9-14, Eph. 1:1-8
9) You gain everlasting life with Christ.
• Study - John 3:36, John 6:27, Luke 23:42-43, Rev. 20:12-15
10) You receive the right to be identified with Christ and to be called by His name.
• Study - Gal. 2:20, Col. 3:1-4, John 15, Acts 5:17-42 and 11:26
11) You become reconciled to God.
• Study - Rom. 5:10, II Cor. 5:17-19, Rom. 5:1
12) You become justified by Christ. [You are made righteous before God.]
• Study - Acts 13:38-39, Rom. 3:28, Rom. 5:1, Gal. 3:11
13) You gain the fruit of the Holy Spirit—love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness & self-control.
• Study - Gal. 5:22-23
14) You receive comfort and counsel from the Holy Spirit.
• Study - John 14:26
15) You become a member of the Christian community, a worldwide family.
• Study - Gal. 6:2, Heb. 10:25
16) You become a member of the Body of Christ, the Church.
• Study - Rom. 12:4-5, I Cor. 12:27, Eph. 4:1-16
17) You become a bride, the bride of Christ.
• Study - Eph. 5:25-27, II Cor. 11:2, Rev. 19:7-9, Rev. 21:2-9
18) You become a citizen of Heaven.
• Study - Phil. 3:20, Eph. 2:19-20
19) You receive a home in God’s Kingdom.
• Study - John 14:2-3, II Cor. 5:1
20) You learn the true meaning of love.
• Study - John 3:16
This short list provides just a sampling of the benefits readily available to all those who accept salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. If you want to start experiencing these blessings but you’ve not yet accepted Christ, you’re welcome to do so today. Simply study Romans 10:9-10 then pray the following prayer, the Prayer of Salvation, to invite Jesus Christ into your life.
“…if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.” (Rom. 10:9-10 NASB)
Prayer of Salvation / Sinner’s Prayer
Dear Lord Jesus,
I believe that You are the Son of God,
I believe that You shed your blood to pay the penalty for my sins,
I believe that God raised You from the dead,
I believe that You’re coming again to save my soul.
Dear Jesus, I invite you to come into my life as my Lord and personal Savior,
I ask You to forgive me of all my sins—those of thought, word and deed,
I repent of them now, Lord, as I turn away from my old life and begin my new life with You,
Please lead and guide me, Lord, so that I do not sin against You.
Thank You for saving my soul, Lord Jesus. I love You. And I ask these blessings in Your name.
If you just prayed that prayer for the first time in your life, CONGRATULATIONS! You are now a Christian. Welcome to the family.
As you can see, becoming a Christian only takes a matter of moments. But becoming like Christ takes a lifetime. It’s a process much like growing from infancy to adulthood. You grow in stages. And the healthier your spiritual diet, the more readily you’ll mature as a Christian. Likewise, the more you exercise your faith, the stronger you’ll be. So adopt a lifestyle that includes a healthy spiritual diet and strenuous exercise program. For example, communicate with God frequently through prayer. Study His Word daily. Join a local church. Participate in worship services weekly. Attend Bible study weekly. And become an active member of a ministry, auxiliary or outreach team. In short, facilitate your spiritual growth and development by giving God your time, talent and treasure.